Je ne parle pas française...
Yikes! It's all starting! I'm off to Montreal for 5 days of training. I'm going to resist the french influence, as I'm still madly trying to get a hold on Spanish. Growing up, I was always accused of using Frenglish. In Bolivia... it will be Spanench.
A goodbye dinner last night with family made my trip all of a sudden seem real. The reality that my youngest neice is going to be twice as old when I get back... and that I'm going to be missing so much of the development of the two of them is sad. But, my brother and sis-in-law have promised to show them pictures of me while I'm gone (coupled with horrible lies I'm sure...).
The tricky part of my leaving for Montreal, is that I will be back. Not Arny style... but I do have next Monday in Vancouver as a transition day between training and leaving "officially" for my position in Bolivia. Hopefully it won't be too much of a mad panic as I realize over the next 5 days all the things I wished I had done....
A goodbye dinner last night with family made my trip all of a sudden seem real. The reality that my youngest neice is going to be twice as old when I get back... and that I'm going to be missing so much of the development of the two of them is sad. But, my brother and sis-in-law have promised to show them pictures of me while I'm gone (coupled with horrible lies I'm sure...).
The tricky part of my leaving for Montreal, is that I will be back. Not Arny style... but I do have next Monday in Vancouver as a transition day between training and leaving "officially" for my position in Bolivia. Hopefully it won't be too much of a mad panic as I realize over the next 5 days all the things I wished I had done....


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home