2007... and back to Potosí
I’m back in Potosi. Nic got on her flight to go back to Canada yesterday. I haven’t heard from her yet, so I take that as a good sign (she was suppose to leave the day before but her flight out of Bolivia was cancelled due to fuel shortages – all in all in worked out for the best since we got to spend New Years together as a result).
I made the trek back to Potosi from Santa Cruz in relative silence. I’m not sure why I’m pensive. Perhaps because I’m sad Nic is gone. Perhaps because I realize now that Christmas and New Years has come and gone. And, now, getting home to an empty cold apartment (since Nick… the other volunteer I’m living with is still on her trip to La Paz), with my paper Christmas tree still sitting on the table and the contents of by backpack still warm from being packed in tropical Santa Cruz, I found it a struggle to get out and email this evening.
But, it’s just a matter of time before things get back to normal. I’ll go back to work tomorrow. It will be good to see everyone and hear how their festivities over New Years went. I’m looking forward to being able to cook my own meals again. Of having my own bed. Etc. etc.
So, with that, I’m off home to bed. I’ll be writing a massive blog entry (perhaps in stages) in the next day or so of my travels with Nic over the last 2 weeks. And, for all of you that sent me holiday wishes, THANK YOU! I haven’t had a chance to read them all yet, but I’ll be doing that in the coming days as well.
I hope everyone had a great Holiday season. Don’t forget to email me pictures!
I made the trek back to Potosi from Santa Cruz in relative silence. I’m not sure why I’m pensive. Perhaps because I’m sad Nic is gone. Perhaps because I realize now that Christmas and New Years has come and gone. And, now, getting home to an empty cold apartment (since Nick… the other volunteer I’m living with is still on her trip to La Paz), with my paper Christmas tree still sitting on the table and the contents of by backpack still warm from being packed in tropical Santa Cruz, I found it a struggle to get out and email this evening.
But, it’s just a matter of time before things get back to normal. I’ll go back to work tomorrow. It will be good to see everyone and hear how their festivities over New Years went. I’m looking forward to being able to cook my own meals again. Of having my own bed. Etc. etc.
So, with that, I’m off home to bed. I’ll be writing a massive blog entry (perhaps in stages) in the next day or so of my travels with Nic over the last 2 weeks. And, for all of you that sent me holiday wishes, THANK YOU! I haven’t had a chance to read them all yet, but I’ll be doing that in the coming days as well.
I hope everyone had a great Holiday season. Don’t forget to email me pictures!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home