HAPPY BOLIVIAN FATHER´S DAY!!!
Today, March 19th, is Father´s Day here in Bolivia. It is incredible to realize I´m used to “random reasons to celebrate” here. I didn´t even think to ask this morning what the “occasion” was, when woke up to fire crackers going off outside my window and on my way to work, I had to weave myself between the marching bands walking around the streets.
But, with the greetings around the office today, I realized that it was in fact a “real” holiday and there was a reason to celebrate: Father´s Day.
So, since I´m currently living in Bolivia, I have the previledge of celebrating the holidays here. So, HAPPY FATHER´S DAY to all the dads out there (and the “Dads to be” that I know of too!).
And… thanks to those that knew about my Dad and his surgery last week for keeping him in your thoughts. From the sounds of it (with him being released from the hospital a day early, despite complications that required him to go in for a second surgery), he´s doing great. With his heart “all fixed up”, I think I´ll be having trouble keeping up to him this summer on hikes once he´s fully recovered (right Dad?)!
But, with the greetings around the office today, I realized that it was in fact a “real” holiday and there was a reason to celebrate: Father´s Day.
So, since I´m currently living in Bolivia, I have the previledge of celebrating the holidays here. So, HAPPY FATHER´S DAY to all the dads out there (and the “Dads to be” that I know of too!).
And… thanks to those that knew about my Dad and his surgery last week for keeping him in your thoughts. From the sounds of it (with him being released from the hospital a day early, despite complications that required him to go in for a second surgery), he´s doing great. With his heart “all fixed up”, I think I´ll be having trouble keeping up to him this summer on hikes once he´s fully recovered (right Dad?)!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home