Sandra's Adventures

As I continue to determine who I am and where I want to go next, I've met some great people, seen and experienced some amazing adventures, learned about amazing ways of life and fuelled my desire to continue exploring and learning! Here's a taste...

Saturday, April 14, 2007

THREE weeks of travel already!!?!?!?!?!??!

Okay, okay... I know I´ve been a little silent since I´ve been on the road. Although I don´t have much time to write now of the adventure´s we´ve been having, I´ve uploaded a sample of the pictures to date into a photo folder (they aren´t quite in order yet though....!!). Here´s the link to my PHOTOS

What we´ve done so far:

BOLIVIA
1) Send off / seeing Potosí
2) Uyuni and salt flats tour (3 days)
3) Hanging in La Paz, Bolivia with other volunteers
4) Biking the "world´s most dangerous road"... 3300m in elevation drop over 65km
5) Hiking in Sorata who thought hiking up from 1800m to 4600m in one day for an overnight camp was a good idea!??!?!?!?)
6) Chillin´at Copacabana on the Bolivian side of Lake Titicaca

PERU
7) Arequipa.... seeing the city, heading out to the Colca Canyon (one of the world´s deepest canyons) to see the condor´s fly, see some small Peruvian communities, etc.
8) Nazca... flew over the Nazca lines, lines etched into the planes over 2000 years ago and only distiguishable as shapes from a flight over.
9) Ica / Huacachina... a few days of vineyard tours, wine tasting, dune bugging riding, sand boarding and relaxing poolside.
10) Pisco / Paracas.... National Reserve (my first "taste" of the Pacific ocean since last October!), and seeing the "poor man´s Galapagos Islands"
11) Lima!

Tomorrow, we´re off to start a 10 day trek in the HuayHuash Cordilla range. We´ll be hiking over 165km of terrain, crossing around 6 high passes of 5000m or more. Should be interesting!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home