Sandra's Adventures

As I continue to determine who I am and where I want to go next, I've met some great people, seen and experienced some amazing adventures, learned about amazing ways of life and fuelled my desire to continue exploring and learning! Here's a taste...

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Ready for another adventure???...

I have to brush off the blogging cobwebs. It seems like just the other day that I returned from my 8 month adventure living & volunteering in South America.

But I have already been home for almost a year. It's been a blast... getting a handle on a new job, moving into my condo (though many would argue I need to fully unpack to concider myself "moved in"), summer backpacking and kayaking adventures (okay... and soggy fall backpacking adventures too!), winter fun with both inbounds and over a dozen back country days, and the odd extended weekend roadtrip through BC and Washington. Phewf.

Yet, with all the fun I've been having in my BC backyard... I still need to get away! :) With my last two adventures in latin america, I'm now heading West back to asia... Japan, here I come!

After a struggle over the last couple months with a nasty flu and relapse turned pneumonia, the last week has been a whirlwind. With 36 hours until I fly out, I'm in the middle of printing out the last of my tax return (ya ya, I know it's late!), trying to decide what to bring... oh... and I was going to buy a new backpack too! Hum.... Yes, I'm in my typical last-minute frantic stretch before heading out.

And other things haven't changed either... We have our flight booked, and... well... at least we have our flight booked! :)

The rough plan:
- Nic and I will be flying out on May 8th to Tokyo
- Hang out with Venita and JF at their place in Tokyo for a few days
- Head out by rail... first going North (for however long and however far we feel like), then head South as far as we can by rail, continue on through the tropical islands by ferry.
- Fly back to Tokyo and off home on June 8th

Can't wait for the adventure ahead. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home